Welcome | Bienvenue | Καλώς ήρθατε | Bienvenidos | Добродошли | Benvenuto | Willkommen
Study Abroad Fair
All students, faculty, and staff are invited to attend the Fall 2021 Study Abroad Fair!
The Study Abroad Fair will take place on Wednesday, September 15th from 10:30am - 3:30pm on the Grand Ballroom, MLK Union.
Come and learn more about study abroad opportunities and discuss with faculty leaders and representatives from International programs, Financial Aid, Health providers, and study abroad alumni. See the Study Abroad Fair flyer.
Please see below for information and updates related to EIU study abroad programs for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- The application for Spring and Spring- Break 2022 study abroad programs are now open.
Eastern Illinois University Study Abroad
Making the decision to study abroad is life-changing. More than 300,000 U.S. college students study abroad on an annual basis. This includes the 100-200 EIU students who take part each year. Several studies show the correlation between international experience and higher employability rates, higher salaries, expanded academic and professional networks, and increased self-confidence, among many other benefits.
EIU's William V. Weber Program in Study Abroad is here to help students every step of the way. Students determined to study abroad, or those who would simply like more information are encouraged to contact a WWSA Advisor to schedule an advising appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org or (217) 581- 7355. Students will meet one-on-one with a WWSA Advisor to discuss student learning goals, learn about available program options, the application process, financing options, and the payment/registration process. Students are expected to discuss study abroad plans with their academic advisor during the early stages of planning.
EIU encourages all eligible students to consider participating in international education during their academic career.
To schedule a virtual appointment with a Study Abroad Advisor, or to request a classroom 'visit', please email email@example.com.
- EIU Faculty-led Programs
- EIU Exchange Programs
- Direct Enroll Programs
- Third Party Provider Programs
- Map Search
- Advanced Search- Search available programs by term, city, country, and/or academic area.
EIU's William V. Weber Program in Study Abroad is closely monitoring the COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) global pandemic. The health and safety of students is our primary focus.
Additional Resources Related to COVID-19
- Eastern Illinois University COVID-19 general information: www.eiu.edu/covid/
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Coronavirus: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Travel Health Notices & Traveler Information: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
- U.S. Department of State – Travel Advisories: travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/travel-advisory-alert-global-level-4-health-advisory-issue.html