Welcome | Bienvenue | Καλώς ήρθατε | Bienvenidos | Добродошли | Benvenuto | Willkommen
Eastern Illinois University Study Abroad
Making the decision to study abroad is life-changing. More than 300,000 U.S. college students study abroad on an annual basis. This includes the 100-200 EIU students who take part each year. Several studies show the correlation between international experience and higher employability rates, higher salaries, expanded academic and professional networks, and increased self-confidence, among many other benefits.
EIU's William V. Weber Program in Study Abroad is here to help students every step of the way. Students determined to study abroad, or those who would simply like more information are encouraged to contact a WWSA Advisor to schedule an advising appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org or (217) 581- 7355. Students will meet one-on-one with a WWSA Advisor to discuss student learning goals, learn about available program options, the application process, financing options, and the payment/registration process. Students are expected to discuss study abroad plans with their academic advisor during the early stages of planning.
EIU encourages all eligible students to consider participating in international education during their academic career.
To schedule a virtual appointment with a Study Abroad Advisor, or to request a classroom 'visit', please email email@example.com.
1. The Deadline available on this website is to apply at EIU. This deadline is different from the Third party provider and Direct enroll programs. You are encouraged to visit each program webpage to learn about the actual application deadline.
2. Do not start the application before meeting with a Study Abroad Advisor.
- EIU Faculty-led Programs
- EIU Exchange Programs
- Direct Enroll Programs
- Third Party Provider Programs
- Map Search
- Advanced Search- Search available programs by term, city, country, and/or academic area.
EIU's William V. Weber Program in Study Abroad is closely monitoring the COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) global pandemic. The health and safety of students is our primary focus.
Additional Resources Related to COVID-19
- Eastern Illinois University COVID-19 general information: www.eiu.edu/covid/
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Coronavirus: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Travel Health Notices & Traveler Information: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
- U.S. Department of State – Travel Advisories: travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/travel-advisory-alert-global-level-4-health-advisory-issue.html