Skip to content

Other Opportunities

Travel and Funding

Outside Faculty Exchange Possibilities

International Professor Exchange (IPE)
Individuals can list their professional areas of competence and indicate the kind of international exchange they desire: teaching and/or research, for example, short or long duration from, say, ten days to a year, preferred dates, location etc. These listings allow academic professionals to find interested counterparts in other countries, and to initiate an exchange.

Outside Funding Entities for International Ed

Onassis Public Benefit Foundation 
Research and educational grants exclusively for university professors (all levels), scholars holding Ph.D. degrees, artists and translators of Greek literature, school teachers of Greek as a foreign language, postgraduate students, and Ph.D. candidates.
Alexander von Humbolt Foundation 
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation funds cooperative research between German, U.S. and/or Canadian scholars. The funds are supplied by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research. 
DAAD Scholarship Programs for Study and Research in Germany 
DAAD offers a wide range of highly selective scholarships, grants, and fellowships for Germany to US and Canadian citizens from undergraduate students to post-doctoral scholars.
European Consortium for Political Research 
The ECPR makes various funds available to help people who wish to participate in conferences or summer schools supported by the ECPR. In addition, standing (research) groups may apply for grants to assist them in their activities. 
Fulbright Program
Awards for study and/or research abroad are available to faculty and staff in most countries of the world and in most disciplines. Award periods vary from 1 month to a full academic year. Remember these programs are for both faculty and staff, so see if there’s something that fits you.  
IREX Short-Term Travel Grants
The Short-Term Travel Grants provide support to US scholars for visits of up to two months to conduct postdoctoral research, present papers at conferences, or consult with colleagues in countries of Central and Eastern Europe, Eurasia, Iran and Turkey.
Office of Citizen Exchanges
The Office of Citizen Exchanges manages professional, youth, and cultural programs through grants with non-profit American institutions, including community organizations, professional associations, and universities.
Social Science Research Council: SSRC Fellowships
The SSRC sponsors fellowship and grant programs on a wide range of topics, and across many different career stages. SSRC offers an array of fellowships.