EIU Study Abroad Student Eligibility Requirements
Eastern Illinois University provides equality of opportunity in international education for all students. Discrimination based upon race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis of discrimination precluded by federal and state statutes, is strictly prohibited.
In order to study abroad through EIU, one must:
1. Be a currently enrolled* EIU student or an admitted non-EIU Guest student
2. Be in good academic, disciplinary, and financial standing with EIU (or with home institution for Guest students)
3. Have a minimum 2.0 GPA at the time of application
4. Have completed at least one full semester on campus at the time of application
5. Possess a valid passport that will not expire within 6 months of the date of departure from the US
6. Attend pre-departure orientation with the Office of Study Abroad
Note: Partner schools and program providers will have additional eligibility criteria that must be met. Faculty-led programs may have additional prerequisites. Please refer to the specific program to verify all admissions criteria.
*Students may not study abroad after degree conferment (graduation).